Sony has announced the availability of new TV HDR to 4K resolution, including the Z series to the top of the range models of the company with up to 100″.
Sony has announced the availability of several series of TV, all compatible with the latest technological standards. obviously inevitable compatibility with content at 4K resolution (Ultra HD, 3,840×2,160 pixels) and HDR (High Dynamic Range). The new series are: XD83, XD80, XD75, XD70, SD80 and top of the range ZD9, all with up scaler to convert popular Full HD content to a quality close to that of 4K. Not lack of 4K X-Reality PRO system to enhance the details of the scenes at the highest resolution from Blu-ray, video from the Internet, digital photos.
The new Sony Bravia 4K HDR TVs supported the Android operating system of Google TV for easy playback of video streaming, access to catch-up TV services and gaming. The app is compatible with the software platform is much wider: we find the possibility of using various online services like Google Play, Netflix, Infinity, Mediaset Online, YouTube and many more channels that can be downloaded via Google Play Store. Compatibility with the Google Cast technology enables to transmit app directly from iOS devices, Android, Windows PC, and Chrome OS.
The various series presented differ in display diagonal: Bravia XD83 is offered with 49″ panel; XD80 from 43″,49″ and 55″ ; XD75 65″ ; XD70 49″ and 55″ ; while the SD80 model has a diagonal of 50″.
Alongside Sony also announced the Bravia TV 4K HDR Z series, called ” the last frontier of TV 4K HDR “. It is the flagship of Sony in the field of television production, the tip into the TV 4K HDR range thanks to its image 4K HDR X1 Extreme processor and a new unique backlight technology, Backlight Master Drive.
Compared to the traditional model X1 4K, the new processor can process 40% more images in real time, while the HDR is more accurate due to remastering object-based database by double and Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR. Through the analysis of the image in each scene, and individual color correction and contrast for each individual aspect, the remastering object-based can improve the quality of each scene based on the specific needs of the same.
With this technology, you can run a upscaling HD content with standard dynamic range, elevating them to ” quality to the next 4K HDR “. The processor can also perform a more accurate noise reduction thanks to the dual database system, by searching from thousands of image pattern. Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR instead allows you to process the 14-bit signal by separating the 8-bit font color bands (Full HD) or 10-bit (4K), converting them to an equivalent 14-bit gradation levels with of 64 times higher color.
The unique backlight technology Sony Bravia Z Series panels is defined Backlight Master Drive, presented by Sony at the prototype stage of the CES 2016. It allows to enhance expanding the backlight brightness and contrast to reach the full potential of 4K HDR. All thanks to an articulated LED structure and a refined algorithm to be as accurate as possible, with a unique optical structure ” of its kind “.
In the past, the local dimming was controlled at the level of zones formed by different LEDs, with the new technology the control of the individual LEDs is able to attenuate or reinforce each single LED focusing the transmission area in a more accurate way to obtain improved contrast. Diffusion of light and ” flare effect ” are thus further reduced compared to current technologies. Thanks to the synergy of the optics and the software structure, Backlight Drive Master can offer a dynamic range considerably higher compared to the panels using a conventional backlight.
Here are the hot spots of the new family of Sony Bravia TVs, as specified by the company :
- 4K HDR compatible for receiving and signal processing of the new video standard, with higher brightness, sharper contrast and vibrant colors, via video services via the Internet and HDMI and USB inputs.
- New 4K Processor X1™ Extreme HDR which improves sharpness, color accuracy and contrast of video in HD, 4K and 4K HDR. By integrating three new technologies – HDR remastering ” object-based “, Signal Processing by double database and Super Bit Mapping™ 4K HDR – all 4K HDR contents are reproduced to an impeccable standard.
- Backlight Drive Master™ with exclusive LED lighting structure and accurate algorithm, which conveys at one point the LED beams emitted and focuses the transmission area more accurately, generating an unprecedented contrast.
- X-tended Dynamic Range™ PRO, which improves the contrast of light thanks to the precision-balanced output on the screen, reducing the brightness in some areas and enhancing it in others. The result is a range of triple brightness than standard TV with LED backlight and the improvement of the contents in an upcoming all’HDR quality, regardless of the source.
- Vibrant colors and more detailed thanks to Triluminos™ display, further improved in terms of color accuracy.
- Technology 4K X-Reality™ PRO, which improves detail with unique Sony algorithm integrated in the database, with more realistic results of any content: broadcast TV, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, videos from the Internet and digital photos.
- Clean and tidy cable management.
- The model 100″ is provided with support for the installation on the floor or on a support plane, while models from 75″ / 65″ are equipped with the only support for mounting on the support surface.
- Android TV™, to enter a world of movies, music, photos, games, search, apps and much more. Voice Search to search for content, ask questions and control the TV. Google Cast™ to easily send any content from your smartphone or tablet to your TV. By accessing Google Play™, you can have all the functions normally used on smartphones or tablets, directly from the TV.
- The user interface, with exclusive bar content from Sony, you can surf in comfort by taking a quick and intuitive process, without interrupting playback on the TV.
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz (Native); Motionflow XR 960 (Effective)
- Backlight: LED (Edge-Lit)
- Smart Functionality: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 66.1" x 38.3" x 1.9", TV with stand: 66.1"...
- Inputs: 4 HDMI (HDCP 2.2/HDMI 2.0a), 3 USB
Product prices and availability are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.