Sony announces a new member of the new family Xperia X. It’s called Xperia XA Ultra, and is talked about for the front 16 MP camera with optical image stabilization.
The smartphone Sony family Xperia X are not made public, this has not stopped the Japanese to announce a new device, Xperia XA Ultra. The newcomer, who should occupy the middle segment of the smartphone industry, has a large edge-to-edge display with 6-inch Full HD resolution and a chassis with metal frame.
On the hardware front, Sony Xperia XA Ultra uses a MediaTek Helio P10 processor supported by 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB of built-in storage, expandable through the microSD slot latter available. In addition to the edge-to-edge display, the smartphone is interesting especially for the photographic sector: the back we find a form to 21.5 MP with hybrid auto-focus, but it is the front unit to capture the attention. For selfie Sony choosing a well 16 megapixel module with optical image stabilization.
The objective of the front module is supported by the ” super-wide-angle ” lens capable of producing bright shots in all conditions without unpleasant effects of micro-moved. It remains unfortunately again without stabilizing the rear module, with the company that seems to favor the group selfies and not traditional photography. In the new model lacking the IP certification for resistance to intrusion of liquids and dust and the USB Type-C port.
Xperia XA Ultra will be available in Single and Dual SIM variants (supported Nano), and although the design features, is much more cumbersome than other devices. The dimensions are 164 x 79 mm with a thickness of 8.4 mm: if on the one hand the result is undoubtedly commendable in view of the 6-inch display (Nexus 6 for example is 83 mm wide, but long 159.3 mm), from other it is still a burden to be reckoned with in transit.
Sony Xperia XA Ultra Specification
- OS : Android 6 Marshmallow
- Display : LCD IPS 6 ” Full HD (1080p)
- SoC : Helio P10 MediaTek MT6755, octa-core 64-bit
- RAM : 3 GB
- Storage : Up to 16 GB expandable via microSD
- Cameras : 21.5 MP Exmor RS – 16 MP Exmor RS with OIS
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi, aGPS, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Battery : 2,700 mAh.
- Dimensions : 164 x 79 x 8.4 mm.
- Weight : 202 g.
The weight is as high as 202 grams, too many if we consider that the integrated battery is 2,700 mAh, capable, according to an estimate may be too optimistic by Sony, to provide up to two days of autonomy on a single charge. Sony Xperia XA Ultra should arrive variants in Black, White and Lime Gold.
- Large 6" near borderless display on a narrow, curved 5.5" grip
- Front 16 MP Camera with optical image stabilization and a slow sync flash for the...
- Main 21 MP Camera with fast Hybrid Autofocus to capture any moment
- 16GB onboard memory and up to 200GB expandable with MicroSD card.
- SIM unlocked and compatible with GSM/LTE carriers utilizing GSM network such as AT&T,...
Product prices and availability are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.