Windows 10: Prices and system requirements from Microsoft official confirmed
Microsoft has confirmed the launch prices of Windows 10, and has also released information about the minimum system requirements, hardware and software.
Windows 10 will be distributed free of charge as an upgrade during the first year after the debut for all current users who have license of Windows 7 or Windows 8.x Completed twelve months, they can use the operating system without limitations. Users do not eligible to participate in the initiative (approximately 26% of the market) will naturally get the operating system for a fee.
In these cases the price will be $ 119 for the license of Windows 10 Home, and $ 199 for the license of Windows 10 Pro. The information was revealed by Microsoft at CNET, a source we can define one of the most reliable network . Windows 10 ” will have the same price as its predecessor “, says the US publication, and will be given a package to $ 99, Pro Pack, to upgrade from Home to Professional.
Microsoft has also released the minimum system requirements suitable to run without operating system problems, which we quote in a list below for a more comfortable reading:
- OS : Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 (free update for the first year )
- CPU : 1 GHz or faster
- RAM : 1 GB for the 32-bit, 2 GB for 64-bit
- Storage space : 16 GB for the 32-bit, 20 GB for 64-bit
- Video card : compatible with DirectX 9 with WDDM 1.0 or later
- Minimum supported screen resolution : 1,024 x 600.
Microsoft also pointed out that, in addition to the hardware requirements, there are other elements of nature software that can compromise the proper installation of the new release of Windows, including some ” drivers, firmware, applications and features. ” The following is what was written by the same company.
- During the upgrade, Windows will check if the subscription to your antivirus or anti-malware is ongoing. Windows will uninstall your application while retaining your settings. After the upgrade is completed, Windows will install the latest version with the options set before the upgrade. If your subscription has expired, the OS will enable Windows Defender.
- Some pre-installed applications from your OEM may be removed before the upgrade.
- The app ” Get Windows 10 ” will check the compatibility of certain third-party applications. If there are known issues that may prevent the upgrade, you will receive a list of installed applications that bring these issues. You can choose to accept removing applications from the system before the upgrade. It is recommended to copy the list before accepting the removal of applications.
Not all features will also be compatible on all systems. Cortana example will only be available on some countries to launch, including the US, UK, China, France, Italy, Germany and Spain, while the quality of the voice recognition will vary depending on the hardware (microphone) installed on your system. Same goes for Windows Hello, whose system of facial recognition or fingerprint require special hardware, such as a biometric sensor or an infrared camera.
Tablet Mode of Continuum will be set manually through the Action Center, but not on tablets and 2-in-1 with indicators GPIO, which will enter the mode automatically based on the state of the same indicator. Xbox Music and Video will be available only on certain regions and finally, Microsoft states – if necessary – that to use the touch input one needs to have a touchscreen display.