How to create a screenshot of the monitor with Mac OS X
This guide will show you different ways to make a snapshot of your Mac OS X desktop (what in jargon is called ” screenshots ” ). you also monster through simple keyboard commands how to make the snapshot, but not necessarily save the image on your desktop (desktop) as default, you will also learn how to do the screenshot to a specific part of the screen.
- First you establish what interests you ” photograph ” of your desk (a quick, light draft of what you’re doing right now, one that you want to send a friend a situation screen, an image on a site that you particularly like but you can not download etc …): the simplest but less accurate way to make the screenshot is to use keyboard commands: ⌘ command (the button that is on the left of the spacebar) + ⇧ Shift + 3. this the screenshot of the screen will be saved as a PNG format to your desktop.
- To be able to take a screenshot of a specific portion of the display (which will be you to decide) simply use the commands from the keyboard Command ⌘ + ⇧ Shift + 4: You will see a cross hair cursor, clicking, you can select the area that we interesting photograph, the file will be saved on the desktop in PNG or PDF in Mac OS 10.3 and earlier.
- To capture a single window, you have to use the keyboard commands: ⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift + 4, then press the Space Bar, the cursor will turn into a Camera, and we just select the window to photograph. The file will always be saved in PNG or PDF format on the desk.
- If you prefer not want to save the snapshot of your files on your desk, but you want to skip a step and use what you have ” photographed ” directly into another job file, you must use the following combination of keyboard commands: ⌘ Command + Shift ⇧ + Ctrl + 4. This way, your screenshot is held in memory (clipboard) and paste it anywhere you can directly.
- Another way to capture screenshots in Mac OS X is to use the utility supplied Apple, Snapshot, located in the Applications > Utilities folder. Instant is useful if you need to include a cursor or the screen menu, or if you want to save your files in TIFF format. To make the screenshot to go to Sprint and select whether you want to capture a selection, a window or the screen. There is also the opportunity to photograph the screen with the visible cursor to do this you first need to go to Preferences and select the pointer you want to appear in the photo and then start the screenshot.